GEOG 286 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Fossil-Fuel Power Station, Euclidean Distance, Spatial Analysis

18 views1 pages
4 Mar 2019
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Map overlay: a common approach to gis based spatial analysis that combines spatial and attribute data from two or more layers based on overlap to produce new layers and insight. Vector data (point, line, polygon) and raster data. Point in polygon overlay: assigns polygon attributes to points. I. e: houses (points) and school districts (polygons) with education data, assigning each house point to its associated district. Lin in polygon overlay: lines given polygon attribute values in new layers. I. e: associate a geologic unit with each section of stream. Polygon in polygon overlay: combines two or more polygon layers in which a new layer is created with polygons that combine features from all input layers. The polygons are split at polygon borders in new layers. Attribute tables are also combined in new layer. I. e: assessing landslide risk, geology and terrain slope. Point in raster overlay: need to assign values of rater(s) at point locations.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers