PSYCH 115 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Human Sexual Response Cycle, Erotophobia, Sexual Dysfunction

10 views3 pages
16 Dec 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Environmental factors (ex. insufficient sexual context), depression, perceptions that emotional intimacy was lacking in relationship. Negative affect individuals who are dysfunctional tend to expect the worst and find the situation to be relatively negative and unpleasant. Avoid becoming aware of any sexual cues (and thus aren"t aware of how aroused they are physically, so underreporting their arousal0. Women more susceptible to appearance-based fool of myself) negative thoughts. Ex. if lights are on, worry too much about how appealing my body is to my partner. Men more susceptible to performance-based negative thoughts. Ex. think too much about whether my partner is happy with the way i"m touching his/her body. Ex. when man becomes anxiously aroused about ejaculating too quickly, his concern only makes the problem worse. Erotophobia presumably learned in early childhood from families, religious authorities; sexuality can be negative and threatening. Sexual cues become associated with negative affect.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers