BIOL 120 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Zona Glomerulosa, Natriuretic Peptide, Posterior Pituitary

10 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

We find unicellular endocrine glands in the g. i. Secrete renin increases red cell production in the bone marrow. Renin converts angiotensinogen (from liver) to angiotensin i then lung capillaries modify angiotensin i to angiotensin ii which causes release of aldosterone then it will lead into the production of adh and vasoconstriction of capillaries. Stimulates posterior pituitary gland to release adh. Due to angiotensin ii, blood pressure goes up. Is released when oxygen tension in your plasma is low. Has endocrine cells located in right atrium and the wall of the right atrium. When there is too much blood getting pumped into the right atrium. The heart if the walls of the right atrium feel too stretched then mechanoreceptors of the endocrine cells and secretes anp and. When fat cells secrete leptin, it inhibits appetite which causes satiety (the feeling of being full), leptin stimulates hypothalamic nerves which suppress this stimulation. Sometimes receptors lose sensitivity for the hormone.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers