INR 2002 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Wield, Falklands War, Lyndon B. Johnson

42 views4 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Public opinion (is under domestic analysis: definition: the range of views on foreign policy issues held by the citizens of a state, somewhat aims to understand the distribution of the population"s beliefs about b. politics and policy issues. In many countries, the state"s own or control the media (north korea, This mediates the flow of information to its citizens. Should journalists have access to military operations? d. i. 1. In open democracies, states do not always respond to public opinion: decision makers enjoy some autonomy to make their own choices a. i. a. ii. They are pulled in different directions by bureaucracies and interest groups. A politician may respond to the opinion of one group rather than the whole population (regions of the country, genders, income groups, races) In 1980"s they patrolled asian sea lanes vital to japanese trade. In 1990"s participate in the un peacekeeping operations: sadly these efforts have been slowed or rebuffed by strong public opinion against the military b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers