School
Department
Course
Professor
Jenna Wyns
PSY207
11/9/2016
Assignment 9
Sexual orientation was something that suddenly came up in my freshman or junior year of high
school. I remember that after the first student came out, a lot of others followed. Nobody ever
made a comment or problem about it. Of course there were jokes, but not more or more
assaulting than other jokes. I’ve read in newspapers that people get attack for being gay, but I’ve
never experienced any type of discrimination around sexual orientation of people.
Gender roles already start before babies are even born. Getting a boy then theme is blue, if it’s a
girl than it’s pink. During the years it evolved more to gender neutral. Boys are allowed to play a
little cook in a kitchen for children, girls don’t have to have everything in pink. Also the choice of
clothing and hair is less put in a box. A few years ago there was a boy dressed as a girl
participating in a talent show. They did interviews with him for magazines and for the
newspapers, because it isn’t something they see every day, but it did make it more acceptable to
talk about it and to see that there is nothing wrong with it. A few years later they had another
article about him, that he choose to wear boys clothes again. The fact that they put someones
clothing choice in the newspaper and magazines shows that its still something special or
extraordinary for most people.
The choices of people are continue questioned or judged by other people. People make others
people business there business. People get attack just because there choice of loving someone
of the same gender or different color. If everyone changes there mind or just be more open about
others people choices, it could help a lot. But this isnt only personal, it is on a larger scale. A
world without discrimination is really difficult, thats what it is also important that people with a lot
of influences, like celebrities, show that gender orientation, choices, .. are ok.
I also think/feel that Europe is more open towards sexual orientation, gender and love. It will take
time for most people to accept it and have less discrimination.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Sexual orientation was something that suddenly came up in my freshman or junior year of high school. I remember that after the first student came out, a lot of others followed. Nobody ever made a comment or problem about it. Of course there were jokes, but not more or more assaulting than other jokes. I"ve read in newspapers that people get attack for being gay, but i"ve never experienced any type of discrimination around sexual orientation of people. Gender roles already start before babies are even born. Getting a boy then theme is blue, if it"s a girl than it"s pink. During the years it evolved more to gender neutral. Boys are allowed to play a little cook in a kitchen for children, girls don"t have to have everything in pink. Also the choice of clothing and hair is less put in a box.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers