IAFS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Special Drawing Rights, World Trade Organization, Trin

42 views3 pages

Document Summary

International money ii last lecture to be on test essay questions will be posted sunday nov 2. The impossible trinity: international capital mobility (icm) = Xed exchange rates imply delta e = zero have to move your interest rate to whatever world interest rate is i > i* = i < i* = 25% unemployment us, 44% germany collapse of international trade: smoot-hawley tari s rise of fascism in europe. Bretton woods conference in july 1944 (before wwii ended) (cid:12254) (cid:12254) (cid:12254) institutions created (cid:12254) led by us. 44 countries attended (delegates) goal was to create a set of institutions that would avoid repeat of 1930s: gatt set of free trade rules (replaced later by ito) in previous notes, fixed exchange rate system (cid:12254) Bretton wood system: there is a sequential logic to the institutions/systems with bretton wood, we chose fer and mpa (see triangle diagram) (cid:12254) Nixon ended us dollar convertibility to gold in 1971 (cid:12254)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers