HIST 1308 Lecture 10: The Great Gunpowder Empires

36 views2 pages
1 Nov 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

All three of the gunpowder empires are turkic (persiam islamic). Beylick ottomans have adopted islam but they are mainly warriors. They follow sufism thanks to al-ghazzali and haiji. Becktash did not see differences between sunni and shia. Osman i had a small group of 400 greek christians and conquered bursa. The followers of osman bring turkish migrants to the frontiers of. The christian baltic empire of serbia goes to war with osman and loses at the battle of. Bayezid, os(cid:373)a(cid:374)"s successor takes over nicopolis i(cid:374) 13(cid:1013)6. He fights ti(cid:373)ur a(cid:374)d calls himself ruler of the empire. Timur instead has him executed and divides the empire up a(cid:373)o(cid:374)gst bayezid"s so(cid:374)s. ti(cid:373)ur has (cid:374)o i(cid:374)terest i(cid:374) ruli(cid:374)g the empire. The sons all go to war with one another. He leads the ottomans to the cruisade of varna and defeats the hungarians. He then uses the hungarians to make cannons since they have advanced firepower.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers