CHLS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Casta, Cultural Hegemony, Hybridity

34 views2 pages

Document Summary

Spirituality and power: (cid:862)bless me ulti(cid:373)a(cid:863) pa(cid:374)ia(cid:396)ds a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)dige(cid:374)ous (cid:272)ultu(cid:396)es (cid:272)lash. A(cid:374)to(cid:374)io"s spiritual crises on nature of god, death, etc. Spirituality and power, how is ultima regarded by. Priest: not being ignored as ultima. (town of guadalupe). Juan diego, told him to build a church in he(cid:396) ho(cid:374)o(cid:396). Virgin mary gave him roses and her image was on his cloth. She had dark hair, dark skin, brown eyes, and indigenous patron saint of mexico. Image itself becomes a hybridity image. (there are 3 stories) different versions of the story. Ultima: herbs, forms of medicines, cures are holistic. Over police: cracks appear and see ideology and easier to get everyone on same page. Hegemony: around race, around class and gender. San marcos (original name) became st. thomas, new mexico. Hus(cid:271)a(cid:374)d"s family owned mine delaware (white man) owns it now. Living conditions: low pay, no equality, no plumbing inside the homes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers