PSY 034 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Gestalt Therapy, Etiology, Psy

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

Etiology o unique experiences and perspectives people are more different than alike: thwarted needs, conditional regard unconditional positive regard. The complete and almost unqualified acceptance to most of the client"s. Treatment o person-centered (rogers) therapist takes a passive role, making as few feelings and actions, is critical to the humanistic approach interpretations as possible. Inevitably a variety of conditions may block our actualization o. Gestalt therapy: focuses on people"s positive and creative potentials, helps clients to develop and awareness of their desires and needs and to understand how they might be blocking themselves from reaching their potential. Proposed a hierarchy of needs in which we can"t move up until we satisfy the lower levels. Begins with our most basic needs for food and sex ranging upwards to our needs for self- actualization, love, and self-esteem. S/he tries to see things through my eyes. S/he understands my words but not the way i feel. (reversed)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers