ANTH 010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Fraternities And Sororities, Consanguinity, Monogamy

9 views4 pages

Document Summary

Kinship structures relationships; most important social bond. She"s like a mother to me, calling a girl in your sorority a sister . Determines who you reach out to help/who helps you. I"m your sister so i need to tell you this . Kin groups are often responsible for the actions of members. Descent is traced only through women only. Residence after marriage with wife"s kin group. Residence after marriage with husbands kin group. Keeps important men together and spreads out women. Many people want to be the biological father/mother of their child. Can be controversial in court if parent"s don"t was responsibility/ guardianships of their child. Triangles (males) and circles (females) and equal signs (marriage), indicate death by drawing line through that person, indicated divorce draw a line through the = sign. Lineal kin: related in a direct line. Collateral kin: non-lineal relatives (off to the side) Parallel cousins: children of siblings of the same sex.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers