PSYCH 2010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Tuning Fork, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning

30 views2 pages

Document Summary

Lear(cid:374)i(cid:374)g is our (cid:271)rai(cid:374)"s (cid:449)a(cid:455) of deter(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g (cid:449)hat is i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t a(cid:374)d (cid:449)hat is(cid:374)"t. It"s our asso(cid:272)iatio(cid:374) of things, or our brain naturally connecting certain events. This is the learning of two events happening simultaneously, which leads to conditioning: classical conditioning = two stimuli prompting response, operant conditioning = associating a behavior and its consequences. This is the association of two stimuli to prompt a response. Steps: begin with determining a reflex, a neutral stimulus is paired with a stimulus that evokes the reflex, pair together until neutral stimulus causes a response. Pavlov was a neurophysicist that introduced a tuning fork to his dogs while they were being fed. The tuning fork started out as a neutral stimulus that was struck as soon as his dogs began salivating to the presence of food. The tuning fork was struck every time the dogs salivated before being fed, in order to build the association between the two stimuli.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers