HIST-3980 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Falaise Pocket

38 views2 pages
2 May 2018
Department
Course
Professor
Study Guide for Final Exam
Essay Question:
Assess the impact of the Vietnam War on the U.S. military during the period from around
1970 to the present.
The ID’s and short-answer questions (lists) will begin around the “Falaise Pocket”
and “Battle of the Bulge” area in your notes. For the ID’s, as usual, do not give me simple
one-sentence answers. Explain who or what the term was, a date or reasonably accurate time
period, and relate it to other terms in the course with its broader significance.
As for the short answer questions, here are some that you should be prepared for:
What were two key things I asked you to remember about the Battle of the Bulge? (Hint: its
long-term effect on the Germans; and it being a “soldier’s victory.”
- Used last of german strategic reserve, guaranteed no more counter offenses
- It was a soldiers victory, troops deserved credit not generals
Please list four memorable features about the battle of Iwo Jima.
1. Flag raising symbolized American triumph in WWII
2. Stubbornness of Japanese defense
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Assess the impact of the vietnam war on the u. s. military during the period from around. The id"s and short-answer questions (lists) will begin around the falaise pocket and battle of the bulge area in your notes. For the id"s, as usual, do not give me simple one-sentence answers. Explain who or what the term was, a date or reasonably accurate time period, and relate it to other terms in the course with its broader significance. As for the short answer questions, here are some that you should be prepared for: What were two key things i asked you to remember about the battle of the bulge? (hint: its long-term effect on the germans; and it being a soldier"s victory. Used last of german strategic reserve, guaranteed no more counter offenses. It was a soldiers victory, troops deserved credit not generals.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers