BUS 215 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Caci, Breach (Security Exploit), Implied Warranty

59 views2 pages

Document Summary

Defenses to breach of contract (continuing, frustration of purpose (krell v. henry) case: fundamental purpose of the contract is frustrated by an unforeseeable supervening event such that a party should be relieved from performance of the contract. Homeowner no want pay contractor not use exact reading pipe. This can happen in the contract or outside the contract: third party beneficiary. Thus, the contract specifies the beneficiary: send roses to my wife in exchange for . : there are two types of beneficiaries, intended (creditor or donee (a person receiving a gift), incidental. Intended third party beneficiaries can enforce the contract against a party that fails to perform and provide the benefit (fail to deliver the roses: assignment/delegation (ee or rule?) This occurs after contracting. (i. e. you owe me for detailing your car. I transfer my rights to the to yvette: assignment: transfer a right, delegation: transfer a duty.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers