ENG 218 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Brandon Sanderson, Laurie Halse Anderson, Shel Silverstein

252 views21 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Find the tense that best works for each piece. Make very intense observations and surprise them at the end. Enjambments either make something very serious or sarcastic depending on the tone. P: death of an animal/ short story (surprise and inevitable)/ unexpected/ attention to sound. Don"t intentionally (plot driven) withhold information for long periods of time in the story. Make your reader connect to the story (more character development drivin) christopher nolan momento. Begin happy ends sad begins sad and ends happy; (twist of emotions) Prompt: something that happens all the time, but rarely gets talked about (cohabitation) Big/small parable (faucet) (change to third person) (more description in setting and background) It was a cold winter december of 1933 just outside the borders of germany. My parents and my younger brother scott and i lived on a farm. I clenched my fur coat and matches as i headed to the farm house to light the lamps.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers