PSYC 372 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Sex Education, Dependent And Independent Variables, Psych

7 views2 pages

Document Summary

Billy"s behavioral issues: billy"s parents want to help him be calm in class by teaching him behavioral corrections at home. Knowledge isn"t certain: it won"t work every time through discussion which would be best for billy: everyone is different and constantly changing. Explain your answer: no, *because in probability, there is no certainty therefore exceptions are expected (*this is strictly my interpretation of the lecture. I did not get a straight answer on this question. You should ask dr. pentz for the right answer to this question if you disagree with mine or simply want to be certain. ) Good research: independent variable versus dependent variable. Independent variable is the part we control and change. We manipulate iv: dependent variable is the control. What we are measuring: research methods in general, ex: sex education study. Pregnancy prevention program (ppp: find that the usual 8% (pretest) has significantly declined to 1% (posttest)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers