PSYC 3350 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Ingroups And Outgroups, Cultural Neuroscience, Sample Size Determination

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

In earlier research about culture and the self, individuals from different cultures are given statements of i am and the things they come up with are analyzed. You can be as long as you want: people from different cultures often provide different kinds of statements, the study by ma and schoeneman, they compare american college students to a variety of different groups in kenya. They looked at the content of the who ami question and they broke it down into type of attributes: personal attributes: i am shy. Things like, i am a big sister more related to roles and memberships: the americans put down mostly personal characteristics. The students around the world are similar: they"re educated, relatively rich, live in industrial context, so they share a lot of cultural features. If you shift a little bit within kenya, like the workers. And they"ve come from families who came to kenya to search for jobs.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers