PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Midlife Crisis, Identity Formation, Identity Crisis

40 views3 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Identity formation a: erikson"s stage theory, adulthood, what makes marriages last, midlife: the best years, old age, alzheimer"s disease, predictors of longevity. Make an ideological commitment (find a set of values: teens and parents usually don"t fight about ideology. Parents are usually a reference point: identity: 4 stages. Sense of self and direction, after having considered alternatives. Premature adoption of values and roles based on parents or society"s views. Active struggle for a sense of identity: you see someone trying out different selves. Hanging out with geeks then next year with art people. Absence of struggle, apathy, cynicism and a lack of direction: usually in older age groups, someone who has given up just do nothing and smoke pot all day. Trust versus mistrust: is my world predictable and supportive? (first year of life) Autonomy vs. shame and doubt: can i do things myself or must i always rely on others? (second and third year of life)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers