ORGS 2010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Homo Economicus, Structural Holes, Centrality

29 views3 pages

Document Summary

How can i get an outcome that serves the interests of me and my group: decisions must be political have to have buy in of those with power to implement/block them. Interests what people want and what"s at stake for them: assumption: people act rationally to serve their own interests (economic man, collective interests those shared by others belonging to same group, groups: Professional/occupational category: stakeholder perspective identifies groups that have a share stake (i. e. set of collective interests, 1. Analyzing what interests are and what priority they have for individuals and collective actors. Multiple interests at same time lt/st, competing, autonomy/cooperation. Therefore, the way decisions are made, they depend mostly on how key decision makers see and assign weight to their interests. These interests are also dynamic they change. Can be latent do not realize they exist until an event happens. To carry out an action, one must understand what interests will be affected by it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers