ITEC 4030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Electronic Data Interchange, Service Of Process, Functional Requirement

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

I. e. modeler, process server, bam too, user and admin portal: allow for business (is or it) integration, automated exchange business-critical info btwn apps in real time. It allows for end-to-end automated execution of the to-be process (the output of is1 becomes input of is2 and triggers is2: business integration requirements are defined and met, current approaches or implementations: bpms, soa, erp, etc. Classification of is - based on hierarchy in orgs. Is used at the operational level: operational/tps: collects, stores, processes and disseminates data related to an org"s daily transactions, departmental/functional systems i. e. ordering systems, inventory/management systems, enterprise systems i. e. bpms, erps. Inter-organizational systems i. e. edi (electronic data interchange interchange of business info), aa, Is used at the managerial level: managerial systems: used for short-term planning, control and decision support i. e. mis, dss, olap, developed using prototyping. Is used by top level managers: strategic-level systems: used to support decisions made by top managers (not the same as mis) i. e. eis.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers