EN 3173 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Psychoanalysis, J. R. R. Tolkien, Analog Science Fiction And Fact

32 views8 pages
21 Nov 2016
Department
Course

Document Summary

Most famous associated with collection of tales known as 1001 nights. Frame story: a story in which another story is enclosed or embedded as a tale within a tale or contains several such tales, collection that encompasses the entirety of 1001 nights, ex. Frankenstein: tales are intricate, characters within tales tell tales. First version for children published in 1789: oriental moralist, expunged the tale of everything inappropriate, rewrote to emphasize virtue. Andrew language (1889) the blue fairy book: start of series of fairy books all named after colours, first in the series, contains versions we read for today. Caused by growing fascination with the orient taking place in europe. Oriental scholars studied the orient, making translations and writing about life in the orient. In aladdin the narrator says the(cid:455)"re i(cid:374) persia, the (cid:374)e(cid:454)t (cid:373)i(cid:374)ute the(cid:455) sa(cid:455) the(cid:455)"re i(cid:374) (cid:272)hi(cid:374)a as if it does(cid:374)"t (cid:373)atter; the.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers