ADMS 4900 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Market Power, Call Option, Cash Flow

75 views8 pages

Document Summary

Business level (how to achieve sustainable advantage in given business) vs. corporate-level strategy (choice of businesses a corporation should compete in, and how those businesses should be managed to jointly create more value than free-standing units) Firms need to consider various types of diversification, rationale for contemplating each type of diversification, and means to achieve diversification. Diversification initiatives (i. e. m & as, strategic alliances, and internal development) must be justified by creation of value for shareholders & stakeholders. Though diversification is expensive & risky for companies, they diversify in hopes of creating organic synergy. Elements that firms need to think about when looking for synergy: Primary potential benefits come from the sharing of intangible resources (i. e. brand, technology) & tangible resources (i. e. production, distribution) so costs are spread over larger revenue base. Primary potential benefits come from value created by the corporate office (i. e. leveraging support activities in the value chain such as information systems or hr practices.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers