ADMS 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Peter Drucker, Mirror Test, Stock Trader

46 views2 pages

Document Summary

In a world where the best is demanded, managers especially need to have the ability to be introspective and must be self-aware of the actions they take. Managers are the information core and command center of an organizational unit, they must direct employees in a professional and strategic manner to achieve the organizations short term and long-term goals. Being introspective and self-aware gives managers the opportunity to reflect upon themselves and think critically about where they lack knowledge. Mintzberg in his article says, the managers" effectiveness is significantly influenced by their insight into their own work , which signifies the importance of being both self-aware and introspective. As said in forbes a high self-awareness score was the strongest predictor of overall success , which further goes to show how important and crucial this skill really is. A strength of mine that truly makes me feel fulfilled is my ability to connect with others at a personal level and communicate effectively.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers