PS286 Lecture 6: October 2

26 views4 pages
9 Dec 2015
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Is stress a: stimulus (situation/external environment) i. e. upcoming exam, response (reaction/feeling) When complaining about being stressed: process (situation and reaction) Definitions should consider role of individual and his/her perception. Physical concerns perform: competitive stress, self-doubt, losing, fear of injury, mental readiness, injury, body weight, pain, physical inactivity, physical readiness to. Social concerns (relationships with other, others" expectations: negative relationships, lack of attention, coaching changes, others" expectations. Career and life direction concerns: financial stress, media demands, changes related to athletic career, school, work i. e. ahl to nhl. Type 3: chronic (long term, ongoing) i. e. harassment; emotional abuse, acute (short term, occurs suddenly) i. e. definite end; error in game, expected (predictable) Know it is coming: unexpected (unpredictable) ending unjury, competitive (related to competition, non-competitive (related to sport in general) i. e. insecurity of playing time. Cannot foresee occurrence; forced retirement because of career. Positive relationship between stress and negative outcomes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers