PS102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Homeostasis, Central Serous Retinopathy, Thigh-High Boots

27 views4 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Classical/pavolvian conditioning: a stimulus evokes a response formerly evoked by. Stimulus is similar to a trigger (as a response) Unconditional stimulus (ucs): a stimulus that evokes an. The first stimulus/trigger for the behavior that evokes a response. Unconditioned response (ucr): an unlearned response/reaction to a ucs that occurs without previous conditioning. The natural relationship of something provoking a response by reflex. Ucs (unconditional stimulus) provokes the ucr (unconditional response) because they are naturally, reflectively and automatically associated. I. e. when a dog sees food the food is the ucs (the stimulus) and the dog salivating is the ucr (the response) I. e. presence of a puppy (ucs) and fear (ucr) I. e. reflex to poop (ucs) and excitement (ucr) own. Step 1: neutral stimulus: a stimulus that does not elicit a response on its. Trials of pairing between the ns (neutral stimulus) to the ucs (stimulus)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers