PS101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Aversion Therapy, Systematic Desensitization, Positive Psychotherapy

16 views7 pages
27 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Tools: psychoanalysis: treatment designed to uncover the unconscious conflicts causing anxiety. Aim is to talk without feeling censored: ex. what"s the first thing that comes to mind when i say __ 1st thing that comes to mind is automatic. Resistance (client"s unconscious attempts to hinder therapy) Examples of hindering therapy: silence hinders therapy, changing topics, defensiveness. Transference (unconscious transfer of emotions etc. about someone else, onto therapist) Allowed the client to express things they normally wouldn"t feel comfortable expressing. This is progress because it allows the client to express their fears/angers etc without retaliation. When you project something you"re feeling on to another person: client centred therapy (treatment designed to resolve incongruence that causes disorder) Put forward to criticize things like psychoanalysis that didn"t put the client first. > looked at how behaviour was a response to something incongruence with how i see myself and how other see me . What to be genuine to the therapist, not hiding.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers