GS101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: North Korea And Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Emerging Power, God Bless

17 views7 pages
6 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

You cannot absence yourself from politics at any time. Hard power: enforcing power using force (i. e. military, economics) The power order: (how much influential power a country has over other countries: great powers. Powers that are smaller and don"t make it into the. Middle powers: banned international citizen they"re not going along with what most countries in a multilateral system that don"t play fair, i. e. North korea, iran, iraq: how to deal with them: containment vs. Failed states: unable to provide the basic needs for its citizens, doesn"t have a governmental system, can"t enforce law and order, can"t provide social programs, can"t sign international treaties, i. e. Somalia (didn"t have a government for a very long time now it does), congo. Matters because conflict is often a factor or result of an emerging or declining power. Russia"s and us"s powers are changing with the rise of china and.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers