EC140 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Disposable And Discretionary Income, Consumption Function, Expenditure Function

28 views5 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor
meghan78 and 39778 others unlocked
EC140 Full Course Notes
EC140 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
21 documents

Document Summary

The actual values of the various categories of expenditure are indicated by ca, ia, ga and (xa-ima) The su(cid:271)s(cid:272)ript (cid:862)a(cid:863) is to i(cid:374)di(cid:272)ate the desired e(cid:454)pe(cid:374)diture i(cid:374) the sa(cid:373)e (cid:272)ategories: desired consumption c, desired investment i, desired government purchases g, desired net exports (x-im) Desired expenditure what consumers and firms would like to purchase, given their real-world constraints of income and market prices. Desired aggregate expenditure the sum of desired/planned spending on domestic output by households, firms, governments, and foreigners. Autonomous expenditures elements of expenditure that so not change systematically with national oncome. Induced expenditure and component of expenditure that is systematically related to national income. There is no trade with other countries the economy we are studying is a closed economy. There is no government no taxes. Relationship between desired and consumption expenditure and all variables that determine it. The relationship between desired consumption expenditure and disposable income: key factors that influence desired income are:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers