CS341 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Anheuser-Busch, Gfk Entertainment Charts, Liquor Control Board Of Ontario

38 views3 pages
11 Apr 2016
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

A lot of control over what beer means to us : social ease, cottage life, partying, university etc. And how much is out of our control: oligopoly i. e. lcbo and the beer store are the only two that control alchohol distribution. Beer store (can/american) through 49% labbatt- anbusch- indev. !, becks, bud light, cobra, rolling rock, shock top. Make it more expensive and more difficult to access resources for smaller companies to have their beers on the shelves at beer store fees. Horizontal integration strategically buying out competition so that you are integrated across the spectrum of available product i. e. busch owns many other brands. Vertical integration owning all of the chains of producing and distributing the product: cheaper costs. Lobbyists at federal and state/ provincial level, globally: i. e. lobby for higher legal limits =ability to drink more!= beneficial, lobby and make negotiations regarding: Official beer of the 4 maj north american sports leagues (nfl, nba, nhl, mlb)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers