CS325 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Gemeinschaft And Gesellschaft, Virtual Community

44 views2 pages
11 Apr 2016
School
Course

Document Summary

Community bringing people together for a purpose it is a good connotaion. Then what is a virtual community? brings people together on a global scale, and encourages interacions for purpose and common interest i. e. video games, you share the world together and have a common project. What is a virtual community? i. e. harry poter alliance symbolic interacion push to goals and purposes of greater poliical issues i. e. second life cult communiies. Feudal towns pre-modern or urban groupings of human beings tradiional ways of people interacing. Strong ies dominant family, or blood relaion especially in small communiies. Tied together by obligaions of blood and kinship. Muli-dimensional ies not just one type of relaionship with the people around us neighbour, but might also be your minister or blacksmith. Historical and spaial ies tradiional ies, and living arrangements. Moving into towns that are very big. Capitalist markets, people work in jobs and leaving local.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers