CC102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Paul Bernardo, Dangerous Offender, Halfway House

57 views2 pages
4 Sep 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Alternatives to the prison system and the future of corrections. Probation: common and widely used form of punishment for young offenders, supervision in the community. Parole: parole is a conditional release granted to an inmate for good behaviour. I(cid:374) o(cid:374)tario it is (cid:374)ot take(cid:374) as seriously as it should (cid:271)e (cid:271)y the (cid:373)i(cid:374)istry: day parole, limited, offenders are required to reside in a halfway house until full parole, full parole, can reside independently in the community. Pre-release programs: focus is on absences from prison while incarcerated, designed to assist with reintegration into society, remind offenders what freedom looks like. Release: full parole can be granted to those who have served at least 1/3 of their sentence. If in prison for life, must serve 25 years first: statutory release, after 2/3 sentence is served, may be eligible for release into the community. Clicke everyo(cid:374)e i(cid:374) federal priso(cid:374) is eligi(cid:271)le for parole: false.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers