Law 2101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Cash Register, Contract, Pharmaceutical Drug

49 views6 pages
23 Apr 2018
Department
Course

Document Summary

Law of contract separates things that are legally binding from those that are morally binding. [the rules of contract formation], therefore is simply to require the courts to figure out what pro(cid:373)ises are e(cid:374)for(cid:272)ea(cid:271)le(cid:863). The nature of contract law: made by judges, traditional, practical. Special contracts: whereas the main area of contracts has been left to the judges, highly specialized areas of law have had specialized rules created for them, these are special contracts, examples. Sale of goods act: consumer protection act, domestic contracts- family law act. Technical aspects of contract formation: offer and acceptance, consideration. Include: inclusive terms, what you"re going to do and what the other side is going to do, all the necessary terms for the contract. Lord de(cid:374)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g: (cid:862)i(cid:374) (cid:272)o(cid:374)tra(cid:272)ts you do (cid:374)ot look i(cid:374)to the a(cid:272)tual i(cid:374)te(cid:374)t i(cid:374) a (cid:373)a(cid:374)(cid:859)s mind. A contract is formed when there is, to all outward appearances, contract.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers