Law 2101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 31: Tim Hortons, Lululemon Athletica, Stamen

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

Intellectual property - protects the expression/application of ideas not the ideas themselves. Those in favour of protection for those who own and control intellectual property argue: moral, if i created it, it"s mine/keep it for themselves, economic, people deserve compensation for the efforts their products produce, rewards/incentives. Intellectual property has no value unless it is shared, the needs of society weights out individual control. No but he still gets paid for the iphone. This is false people will still create and innovate. Trademarks are words, logos, or symbols that distinguish goods or services, they can be registered or unregistered. If i start selling mittens in london, on called smitten mittens this trademark is unregistered aka no protection outside of london: registered trademarks include ex. Trademarks vs. business names: trademarks protect against infringing uses but only to specific goods and services, trademark rights are not as extensive as in the united states.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers