SOCI 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Total Institution, Secondary Source, George Herbert Mead

141 views2 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Late preconventional: no social identity, personal reasons. Late conventional: learn empathy - moral majority thinking, still have empathy but recognize they"re socially necessary, may not agree but need consistent order behaviour. Late postconventional: level of intellect that needs to be matured - might follow or might not - challenge rules, human rights territory. ** self - a dimension of personality made up of a person"s self awareness & self image. Self has 3 parts - the i and the me. I - associate to an initiate of action and is goal oriented. Me - part of our self that continues the action based on how others respond to us. Generalised other the widespread cultural norms that we use as references in evaluating ourselves -- collective conscience. The expression that he gives and the expression that he gives off. Definitional disruptions, always want to believe the performance. Resocialization - radical alteration of a personality though deliberate manipulation of the environment.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers