MICB 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Simian Immunodeficiency Virus, Chemokine Receptor, Reverse Transcriptase

61 views12 pages
13 Aug 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Human immunodeficiency virus (hiv) virus that can lead to aids su(cid:271)g(cid:396)oup le(cid:374)ti(cid:448)i(cid:396)uses, o(cid:396) (cid:862)slo(cid:449)(cid:863) (cid:448)i(cid:396)uses long interval between initial infection and onset of serious symptoms. Mutation in simian immunodeficiency virus (siv) when transmitted from chimpanzee to humans during contact with the infected blood. Hiv-1 form that is primarily circulating in north america. Hiv-2 originally isolated from aids patients in west africa; has the same modes of transmission as hiv-1 and is associated with similar opportunistic infections and aids. Both types da(cid:373)age a pe(cid:396)so(cid:374)"s i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)e syste(cid:373) (cid:271)y dest(cid:396)oyi(cid:374)g the cd4+ t cells (crucial to adaptive immune responses). Hiv-1 groups four groups: m, n, o and p. Each group is a result of an independent transmission of siv into humans. Group m can be subdivided into subtypes (clades) based on genetic sequence data (a, b, c, d, f, g, h, j, k, crfs) some clades are more virulent or are resistant to anti-retroviral drugs.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers