ASTU 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Apposition

20 views2 pages
8 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Astu nov 3 giltrow chapter 7. Creative engagement with the text + making sense of it. It actually comes from how we use it. They help writers address readers who many be unfamiliar with the terms. For readers that are already familiar with a term, definition confirms common ground. The writer encourages readers to identify with the spirit of the definition. We may think that dictionarities only reflect meaning. It is up to them to record that meaning and say it is now valid. Cruel optimism is a launching pad for other investigations. Gene theory predicts that language will reflect the shared attitudes and intends of the community that produces it. Rather than being a marker or evaluator, you are a person who is using a document. You (cid:373)ake (cid:374)o judge(cid:373)e(cid:374)t, you o(cid:374)ly report what"s goi(cid:374)g o(cid:374) i(cid:374) your (cid:373)i(cid:374)d. As you read, report (cid:373)o(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts whe(cid:374) you"re worki(cid:374)g i(cid:374)efficie(cid:374)tly - not understanding.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers