MSCI211 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Reward System, Process Variable, Expectancy Theory

81 views4 pages

Document Summary

Money is the most commonly used reward. Often reward systems do not reward the performance that is expected. Individuals often motivate themselves intrinsically and can achieve quite high levels of performance. Team generate positive energy through coordinated efforts. Does everyone use teams- essential part in the doing business, a lot of ppl. Do groups and teams go through stages while they work: go through 5 stage model. In forming, the common goal for the work is evaluated. (how do i fit) In storming, the role of the individuals according to their skill set is evaluated. (what is my role) In norming, small tasks are assigned to each individual, there may be some overlaps so team work is encouraged. (what do the others expect of me) In performing, individual"s performance is evaluated and enhanced. (how do i performe best) In adjourning, the work is completed and the team obtain success. (whats next? disband?)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers