HLTH352 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Long-Term Care, Social Isolation, Social Environment

13 views3 pages

Document Summary

The meaning of community: rural vs. urban communities, victimization of older adults. Living arrangements in later life: housing alternatives in later life. Most older adults prefer to live in ____: age integrated communities this is a preference for elderly people, age segregated communities, age interrelated communities, long term care facilities, nursing homes. 1/3 of all seniors live in toronto, montreal, and vancouver: older populations are over represented in rural communities. Social isolation that can be experienced by both sides. What is home: home is a place that is connected to your social support system. Competencies: adjustment to the environment and the adaptation to the environment. Two things that will shape the experience of aging, 2 factors to consider . Individual competence to what degree am i competent to live in the environment, am i capable of living on my own or do i need help.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers