HLTH352 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Life Satisfaction, Ageism, Elder Abuse

24 views2 pages

Document Summary

Aging is important issue in contemporary society, for ourselves and signifact people in our lives. The experience of aging varies over time and from society to society. For canadians, aging individuals and population occurring within cultures metaphorically search for the fountain of youth, values youth and associates vitality with youth. Despite increase in of elderly, ageist stereotypes prevail. As an individualistic and capitalistic society- canada emphasizes on individuals contributing to the economy. Collectivist societies, in history elders are valued, respected and considered wise. Ca(cid:374)ada s se(cid:374)iors are (cid:448)ie(cid:449)ed as (cid:374)o lo(cid:374)ger produ(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause they are by a large, retired. Paradox of aging- visible deteriorated outer body coexisting in most cases with a vibrant mature and wised inner self. (cid:862)i thi(cid:374)k therefore i a(cid:373)(cid:863) des(cid:272)artes defi(cid:374)es the meaning to be alive. I am what i think about others, physical environment and your life contribute to a sense of own self as distinct from selves of other people.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers