HLTH202 Lecture 3: Lecture 3 What is Public Health

50 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 3 what is public health iclicker- focused on questions about the purpose of different organizations (their moto) for who, health can. , public health can. Declaration and statements about public health: winslow; (2nd quote) a lot of public health was around sanitation i. e. jon. Video: what is health; who def. pretty bold and ambitious definition, pu(cid:271)li(cid:272) health approa(cid:272)h is holisti(cid:272), so a(cid:272)(cid:272)ide(cid:374)ts do(cid:374)"t happe(cid:374) agai(cid:374). With considering different factors i. e. enforcement, vision, access to support, community attitudes. All sectors of society are responsible for ph. i. e. health departments, stakeholders ngo"s etc: how it works: 3 core areas, protection: population from infectious diseases, promotion: healthy life choices, prevention: diseases before they actually occur. Definition of ph has changed a lot over the years. Old definition was focused on improving living conditions and was concerned with physical infrastructure, water and housing. We still have issues with this especially in the north.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers