BIOL239 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Cleavage Furrow, Protein Structure, Sister Chromatids

19 views6 pages

Document Summary

The co(cid:373)ple(cid:454) of dna a(cid:374)d protei(cid:374) fou(cid:374)d i(cid:374) a cell"s (cid:374)ucleus. Formation of cell plate because of the rigid cell wall: cytokinesis division of the cytoplasm. Contractile ring temporary protein structure to pitch the cell apart. Make up vast (cid:373)ajorit(cid:455) of i(cid:374)dividual"s tissues. Pockets of specialized cells (2n for humans) Gametes are haploid (n; one of each chromosome) in humans. Germ cells undergo two successive nuclear divisions to produce gametes. Meiosis i separation of chromosome pairs 2n->n. Meiosis ii separation of sister chromatids. Chromosomes have already replicated 2 sister chromatids. Centromere and kinetochore stay together during meiosis i: homologous chromosomes, pair, recombine genetic material, segregate into 2 separate nuclei. 2 haploid cells to 4 haploid cells. Looks like mitosis: prophase ii, chromosomes condense, centrioles move to the poles, sister chromatids attach to spindle fibres, metaphase ii, chromosomes align at the metaphase plate. Ensure genetic variations are passed to the offspring evolution.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers