AFM131 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Environmental Ethics, Monism, A Forest

18 views2 pages
qq919649100 and 39920 others unlocked
AFM131 Full Course Notes
AFM131 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
22 documents

Document Summary

That we can rank in order of preference is difficult. *a forest (cid:272)a(cid:374) also (cid:271)e i(cid:374)tri(cid:374)si(cid:272) i(cid:374)tri(cid:374)si(cid:272) a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)stru(cid:373)e(cid:374)tal are (cid:374)ot e(cid:454)(cid:272)lusi(cid:448)e: 3) transformative: something that can transform your preferences (ex. discovering a new genre of music that becomes your favourite) Non-demand value: things that are instrumental but also exist to provide for us to examine and revise preferences. Demand value: characteristic of things which either have a use for us, or which may yield a use for us in the future. If we want to say we operate in principled ways, we expect that our behavior falls under certain principles but there are many different philosophies for determining principles = pluralism (there are many theories of principles) Moral pluralism: is the position that we have various principles & responsibilities, also our feelings and responses are drawn from many sources and cannot be simplified to a single source among everyone. Monism: there is only one set of principles.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers