PSYC 2450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Memory Span, Serial Computer, Working Memory

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 9 cognitive development: lecture 1 information processing perspective. Development of the multistore model in the Application: e. g. planning, 3-digit addition in your mind, reading a novel, remember a telephone number long enough to write down, etc, case: listening to a conversation, reading a book, all are difficult with a short-term memory. Intervention: to do lists, calendars, use paper to extend your working memory. Span of apprehension: g1 & 4s computer game, heard a series of digit but not told they needed to remember, m = 3. 5 digits for adult (cowan et al. , 1999) Presented 1 piece/sec. on various board locations. Grade 10s won (but they were chess experts) But adults do better on digit span, more familiar with numbers. Take home point: expertise/knowledge in a domain can improve wm; intervention. Hardware ii: processing speed-test 1 (cid:862)cir(cid:272)le all the a(cid:374)i(cid:373)als E. g. , liste(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to so(cid:373)eo(cid:374)e speak i(cid:374) a differe(cid:374)t la(cid:374)guage: (cid:862)please talk slower(cid:863)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers