PSYC 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Binocular Disparity, Rapid Eye Movement Sleep, Sleep Deprivation

42 views6 pages
14 Jul 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Each eye transmits different info for near objects, but they become similar the further away objects are: binocular convergence. When we look at nearby objects our eyes converge together. Brain can track eye muscle movements and use that info to estimate distance. We perceive motion in many ways: example: objects moving towards us. We perceive this motion by watching the changing apparent size of an object. No one knows what attention is, and there may even not be an it there to be known about (although of course there might be) harold pashler. Varieties of attention plays a key/central role in perception without it your brain cannot focus on anything and you cannot appreciate the stimuli for what it is. Attention might be crucial to monitoring information from both outside and inside world (being aware of being stressed, nervous, heart rate, when i say i"m very in tune, that"s my ability to monitor and i have attention of awareness)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers