PHIL 2160 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Moral Agency, Mind, Direct And Indirect Realism

39 views2 pages

Document Summary

Considered one of the founding voices of the american constitution in second treatise he makes an argument about the inalienable right to private property, which is acquired through personal labour. Well-known as political theorist founding thinker of liberal theory. My labour makes property mine tied in with his theory of rights, and inalienable rights over things that cannot be taken away and only i have a say over how the things of mine are used. Property includes life, liberty and estate; freedom to think, to pursue interests and goods. Locke crystalizes the idea of individual rights as an expression of self-determination all citizens of a society, of an age to be rational, should be left free to self-determine (democracy is compatible with this opinion) We need a system of government that can best serve these interests this is contrary to the views during his time, when people were there to serve the government.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers