PATH 3610 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Rig-I, Myalgia, Ubiquitin

30 views6 pages

Document Summary

Rig-i and tlrs: should know superficially these pathways and understand what species of rna they recognize. Pattern recognition receptors that recognize pathogen-associated molecular patterns (pamps) T+lr 3, 7, 8 and 9 are localized on cytoplasmic vesicles and recognize microbial nucleotides. Tlrs are generally not suitable for recognizing viruses that have infected cells and are localized in the cytoplasm or nucleus. Rlhs recognize rna molecules derived from rna viruses. Rig-i is made up of caspase recruitment domains (cards) and a helicase domain. Rig-i and mda5 interact with dsrna through their helicase domains and strongly induce interferon (ifn): rig-i and mda5 recognize different rna viruses, rnas are also differentially recognized by rig-i and mda5, mda5 recognizes longer dsrnas. After viral infection, rig-i binds viral rna through its repressor/regulatory domain (rd) Trim24 adds ubiquitin molecules to the cards, helping rig-i bind to mavs (mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein) The signaling cascade turns on ifn and antiviral and inflammatory molecules.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers