NUTR 2050 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: World Gastroenterology Organisation, Veganism, Trans Fat

81 views55 pages

Document Summary

Infancy defined: first year of life (birth- 12 months of age, sometimes broken down into: Infant development: newborns, hear and move in response to familiar sources, cns is mature; subtle cues for hunger and satiety vs. stronger later cues, strong reflexes, especially suckle and root, reflexes replaced by purposeful movement. Infant development in the context of links towards feeding. Neurons in newborns brain not fully developed. Suckle and rooting reflexes crucial to breastfeed successfully: term related to development. Reflex- automatic response triggered by specific stimulus. Rooting reflex- infant turns head towards the cheek that is touched. Suckle- reflex causing tongue to move forward and backward. Stimulated by smell of mother and smell of breastmilk. 5 domains of development: motor: voluntary muscle movement: gross and fine influenced by sensory system, sensory: information from environment, sognitive/mental, language and communication, social, adaptive, emotional, windows of health promo and development. I(cid:374)t(cid:396)i(cid:374)si(cid:272) i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e: (cid:272)hild(cid:859)s health (cid:894)(cid:374)ut(cid:396)itio(cid:374), brain function temperament.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers