HTM 2700 Lecture Notes - Lecture 31: Biscuit, Gliadin, Gluten

19 views2 pages

Document Summary

Week 11 lecture 31 wednesday, march 30, 2016. Tea biscuit flake formation formation of flakes is a multi-stage process some steps occur during mixing and remainder during baking. Tea biscuit should have many layers called flakes. 7 steps are necessary for the flakes to form. To determine if a tea biscuit has flakes you must break it along the horizontal axis. Gliadi(cid:374) + glute(cid:374)i(cid:374) + mos + ma(cid:374) = glute(cid:374) (cid:894)i(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:396)ease i(cid:374) o(cid:374)e of the(cid:373) [i(cid:374)dividuall(cid:455)] increases gluten = tough product) Factors affecting gluten development: type of flour, all-purpose. Used for all baked products: cake and pastry. Used for cakes, muffins, pastry, (not bread: whole wheat. Made from entire wheat kernel (bran, germ, and endosperm. Causes excess gluten development which leads to tough texture. Causes a peak to form on top of the muffin and tunnels to form inside the: amount of liquid muffin, e(cid:454)(cid:272)ess li(cid:395)uid = glute(cid:374) develop(cid:373)e(cid:374)t. = sticky dough which cannot be kneaded or rolled out.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers