GEOG 1220 Lecture 2: GEOG1220 Lecture 2: Historical Context of Human-Environment Interactions: Transitions

72 views5 pages
12 Oct 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Geog 1220 september 21 & 28, 2015 (week 2) Essay: select one activity that is affecting the resource (car manufacturing, tourism, etc. ) Introduction: early humans, tools (stick tools, etc. ) Evolution of tools: quartzite (stone, obsidean (volcanic rock, copper (it was too soft to actually use for a long period of time, bronze (much stronger than copper) Iron: steel, fire, ecological knowledge (to know what we could and not eat; what plants were dangerous, etc. , humans have spent 99% of the time on earth as hunter-gathers . Agricultural revolution types of early societies: lower paleolithic or early stone age ( > 10,000 years b. p) Savagery i: opportunistic gathering of plants iii. iv. v. Diet consisted of a lot of plants and whatever animal meat was available i. Ability to catch animals was not very good: the upper paleolithic (8,500 10,000 years b. p) Barbaric i: manipulative control of wild plant and animal resources i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers