FRHD 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Self Esteem (Song), Social Comparison Theory, Autobiographical Memory

19 views7 pages

Document Summary

Identify the self as a physically unique being. > refer to themselves by the name (i or me) -> can be focus of others emotional reactions. > 2 year olds claim objects as mine! View of themselves as persisting over time. -> relive that a video image of themselves replayed a few minutes after it was filmed is still me Ability to detect their own and other"s perceptions, feelings, desires, and beliefs. -> think people always act in ways constant with their desires. -> dont understand that less obvious, more interpretive mental states (e. g. , beliefs) also affect behaviour. -> example: person looks in box and is happy, so the box has a desirable thing inside. Getting a bad gift but pretend to be happy. -> sophisticated view where both beliefs and desires determine actions. Use false-belief tests to explore belief- desire reasoning. -> can they recognize that inaccurate beliefs can guide people"s behaviour.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers