FRHD 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Mind Control, Attachment Theory, Tabula Rasa

41 views3 pages

Document Summary

Overall, if the children grow up to be self-sufficient and independent then they are successful. Models of parent-child relations: parent to child unidirectional model, experiential(empiricist) view, children are a blank slate. Parents write on the slate and who else has access to writing this slate: one direction parents influence child. Parents have complete influence over the child for their development: child to parents unidirectional model, children have innate differences in temperament. These differences need to be considered according to how children learns: children are not blank slates, childs temperament affects parents, bidirectional parent-child model, exchange theory. Child can also reward parents: child and parent influence each other. Socialization and development: psychoanalytic theories (i. e. erikson). Outlines certain development stages and they all represent conflicts. Infant realizes who i can trust and not trust, inconsistent or consistent feeding etc: adolescents has role confusion, resolution of these each conflict needs to be resolved to go through the stages, psychological theories (i. e. piaget).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers